Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday scramble

Well, Bill was out of town for a few days this past week. He'll be back later tonight. He had a company golf outing at Sea Island, Georgia. Yeah, I know, it's a tough job! It's the second time he's gone on this outing - at least he didn't call me this time to ask me what he's supposed to do with the butler that came with the room!! Anyway the kids and I managed just fine without him, surprisingly no little crisis happened. Usually something breaks when he's not here, like the hot water heater or the power goes out for more than a few hours. I usually do try to do something "major" when he's gone, just so he's not bugging me about it. Thursday I took our two favorite yard sale/antique shop paintings to Michaels and picked out frames for them. They'll be ready in another week or so. We'll see how long it takes him to notice they are missing from our bedroom wall! Surely not too long since they framed the window and the nails are still there! I also took this time to scrub down our shower, re-stain the grout then seal it. I try to do that at least once a year - the staining/sealing part, har har, I do actually clean it more often than once a year believe it or not. I also ransacked the entire house for books and videotapes that we don't like, want, or need anymore and took them to the book drive on Saturday. 15 Bags/boxes of them! Unfortunately it doesn't seem like I made that much of a dent. Oh well, I KNOW I took them, so therefore I get to feel like I made progress!

No comments: